Friday, July 27, 2018

SHAKE MY SILLIES OUT


Let’s have some fun. 

Let’s follow along as Raffi sings his terrifically relaxing and freeing song (intended, I think, for the child in each of us) “Shake My Sillies Out!”

“Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake
my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake
my sillies out
And wiggle my waggles away

I gotta clap, clap, clap
my crazies out
Clap, clap, clap
my crazies out
Clap, clap, clap
my crazies out
And wiggle my waggles away

I gotta jump, jump, jump
my jiggles out
Jump, jump, jump
my jiggles out
Jump, jump, jump
my jiggles out
And wiggle my waggles away

I gotta yawn, yawn, yawn
my sleepies out
Yawn, yawn, yawn
my sleepies out
Yawn, yawn, yawn
my sleepies out
And wiggle my waggles away!”

Don’t we all need that? It has the perfect ingredients for well-being: it’s inspirational for the soul, healthy for the body, and rejuvenating for the mind.

I could say so much more about how we can carry those feelings and thoughts into our day today. But I think I’ll say only this:

Waggles are everywhere.
If you can’t shake them out,
Clap them back.
If you can’t clap them back, 
Jump all over them.
If you can’t jump on them,
Yawn.
It will frustrate the heck out of them and they’ll slink back to where they came from.

Because they’re sillies.
Not to be taken seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Have you been channeling Zoe?
    This is so true! I was just “dancing” with my granddaughter yesterday and thinking I could never do this in front of anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun was that! ��

    ReplyDelete