Saturday, May 30, 2020

WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO… MICHAEL FOX HAD 4 BOOKS IN HIS MIND


About a year ago, I received a call from my friend Michael Fox.  He proposed a grand scheme of publishing 4 books he’d “had in his mind” for quite some time.  Now, who “has 4 books in his mind?!”  Michael’s intellect is as impressive as his humility.  In point of fact, he’d had a 5th planned the whole time, although I didn’t know it.

Knowing it was a bold initiative, but recognizing the sincerity of his desire, I offered my help.  He accepted, and after a brief period of trying to find out the best way to communicate across 2,000 miles, we began the process.  He sent content, I read and edited, we discussed, changes were made where and when appropriate.  When the 4th book was finished and we’d both taken an Easter/ COVID adjustment break, he sent the 5th book… a fantastic file of artwork already complete… and asked for a scan/edit of the text introduction.

Today, there are 3 books on Amazon and 2 on Lulu of which I am very proud.  Their storylines differ, and their approaches are from various perspectives.  But they are centered upon the principles of seeking and finding relevance in our interior lives… and Michael’s lifetime of work as a gifted coach, trainer, author, and creative artist all shine through these works.

Many of you have checked in with me to see what I was doing while I was not posting to my blog, and when you heard what I was up to, urged me on and supported my work in supporting Michael’s grand scheme.  I thank you.  Now, the world can access this year’s worth of Michael’s work, of which I was privileged to be a part.

I will let Michael introduce them to you.


I’ve published four lovely books over the past year for a total of five. Awe, I’m kidding. The fifth is better than the other four. But I’m not going to tell you which is which. I hope you might find the time to read one or two or five this summer!

Safe at Home: Baseball and Our Pilgrimage Home…
Do you ache for the consolations of home? Do you feel, at times, a sense of desolation as if you are lost in a wilderness, without a sense of direction or connection? Perhaps you’ve reached a season where parents and siblings and even the home place are but a fading memory. Perhaps your longing is for a home you never had. Perhaps home for you is an elusive sense of identity, safety, warmth and assurance. This unique volume might just be your third base coach waving you home. 


The Divine Narrative…
The Divine Narrative is the story of scripture. It’s the story of God’s relentless pursuit to reconcile everything—by the cross— in earth and in heaven. The biblical story naturally unfolds within the framework of a five-act stage play, inviting followers of Jesus of every generation to participate in the final act. Discover God’s story as never before, Learn how to map your own life’s narrative, and how to join your story to HiStory. This volume invites you to more fully know your God and yourself and to walk with him in a fresh and meaningful way!


The Tribe of Christ…
The phrase in Christ and its equivalents appear hundreds of times in scripture. They’re used as a corporate identification of Jesus’ followers. In Ephesians 1:3–14, Paul uses several words and concepts to describe the benefits of being in Christ: kinship, redemption, covenant, inheritance, identity. These concepts are difficult to grasp,  for they are words of a tribal culture, uncommon now that individuality is prized. But restored to the context of tribe, these concepts deepen our awe and aha! of Jesus.


Thin Places: Where Heaven and Earth Intersect… 
It may not be what you think it is. Unless you think it might be an imagined series of brief conversations between Jesus and the Apostle Paul—historical fiction—that takes place on Mount Sinai and within Ancient Israel‘s tabernacle; conversations that ultimately answer where—or better, who— are the thin places where heaven and earth intersect. On the other hand, if that’s what you thought it might be, it’s exactly what you think it is. 

How Great Thou Art! The Art of Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians…
And now for something completely different. Certainly, you’ve noticed God is an artist, a wordsmith at his best. Imagine a museum displaying the liberating words of God, elegantly framed, inviting visitors to observe and experience the wisdom and wonder of his words. Imagine an exhibition devoted to one entire book or letter. What would that look like? Open this book and see for yourself. Explore the text of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians as you’ve never experienced it. How great thou art! A beautiful companion for a devotional, a deeper inductive study, or a group study.


I will leave you with the quote that defines Michael’s life mission, and his website address in case you’d like to join his band of followers in receiving his weekly email message which he calls ”Weekly m•aginings.”
(I call it the 4M: Michael’s Monday Morning Missive).


"When you discover and pursue your true, resonant self,
you are no longer driven by external circumstances beyond your control.
You will discover the power and freedom to choose."
Michael Fox

Michael’s website: maginethepossibilities.net


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your work on these books. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound interesting....epeially the 5th one. You are truly a very talented, multi faceted person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you and your endless efforts to help Michael bring these books to fruition with great style and continuity. Michael simplifies and personalizes scriptures. I’m just such a novice at self-examination and the basics of much of the Christian religious text. It’s a topic that’s foreign to me and takes me longer to digest. Congratulations on such fantastic accomplishments.
    I’m glad to see that Michael has authored five and not four books. In Chinese culture, nothing is done or given in fours. It’s like 13, on steroids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive! A job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being a precious part of our lives and ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! How wonderful for you to be such a large part of his work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only say, that Michael is a very fortunate author to have the support of a person of your caliber, as a mentor. In my mind, you always were and still are, brilliant. I wish you, both, the best in all of your future endeavors.
    Please remember, you are in my prayers, daily, by name. God bless you and keep you safe and well. JK

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must feel a great sense of relief or better, PRIDE, because you have corroborated and helped bring to birth these 5 books. Which one should I start with? I'll order it on your recommendation. CC (CA)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexis, thank you for sharing these with me. I know I will enjoy reading this summer. Congratulations on such a wonderful endeavor. Michael Fox has always been an example of strength, humility, perseverance, as well as a great person of Faith.

    ReplyDelete